Earlier this year, we launched the call for entries for the Richard Livingston Award for Excellence in Professional Development established in memory of our treasured colleague and friend Richard Livingston. Richard was a beloved colleague to all at Prestige Insurance Holdings and his sad passing two years ago touched all of his colleagues throughout the Group, contributing to an overwhelming endorsement of the Awards set up to honour his legacy.
During the shortlisting stage of the Awards process, Senior Management were delighted with the standard and quality of applications received from staff members across various businesses within the Group, with five applications / nominations shortlisted for consideration by the independent judging panel. The judging panel were really impressed by the standard of each application and felt that all deserved special recognition.
The nominees and their respective colleague/ Manager supporting their nomination were invited to attend a special lunchtime awards ceremony, held at Ulster Rugby's Kingspan Stadium on Tuesday 8th March. The event was hosted by Trevor Shaw, Group CEO, and the ceremony began with a welcome address shared in advance of the event from Richard Livingston's wife Sarah, loving and kind words which were greatly appreciated by all attendees and all of Richard's colleagues and friends across the business.
The Shortlisted Nominees were:
- Carl McComb, Head of Pricing, Prestige Underwriting. Carl recently completed his formal Actuarial qualifications and will be admitted to the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries later this year
- Niall Tyndall, Senior Business Analyst - Group Analytics, Prestige Insurance Holdings. Niall is currently undertaking his NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Management
- Lucia Turner, Agri SME Team Leader, AbbeyAutoline. Lucia recently completed her ACII professional qualification via the Chartered Insurance Institute.
- Lizzy Watt, Group Compliance Adviser, Group Compliance, Prestige Insurance Holdings. Lizzy completed her CII Diploma and is currently undertaking the ACII professional qualification via the Chartered Insurance Institute.
- Padraig O'Rourke, Commercial Account Handler, AbbeyAutoline. Padraig completed his CII Diploma and is currently undertaking the ACII professional qualification via the Chartered Insurance Institute.
The winner of the Richard Livingston Award for Excellence in Professional Development was Carl McComb, Head of Pricing for Prestige Underwriting.
The judges selected this as the winning entry as Carl is the first qualified actuary within the Group, which has enhanced the capability and expertise within the team and because Carl is seen as a role model, readily sharing his knowledge and expertise and encouraging continuing professional development.
The Senior Management team congratulate Carl on this achievement and also send their congratulations to all the shortlisted applicants / nominees, as it was evident from the applications received, their passion for continuing professional development, the importance to them individually as well as to the business and each of the nominees are also regarded as role models within their teams and business areas.
The Awards are designed to be a fitting tribute to Richard and his legacy and have marked the launch of The Prestige Academy programme, established to support and encourage Professional Educational development for staff throughout the Group.