Data Protection Notice
This notice explains how the Insurance Businesses within the Group of Prestige Insurance Holdings Limited (“We/Us/Our”) will use your personal data.
The businesses are wholly owned subsidiaries of Prestige Insurance Holdings Limited. We are the Data Controller for any personal data you supply to us in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations, the Data Protection Acts 2018 and any other relevant national law.
You can find this notice on our website or a copy can be provided in writing on request. If you have any queries about the use of your information you can put any queries in writing to,
Prestige Underwriting Services Limited
Bondlovis Insurance Brokers
Octane London Market Limited
Data Protection Officer,
10 Governors Place,
Tel: 08000 327 327
Prestige Underwriting Services (Ireland) Limited
Data Protection Officer,
Teach Chinn Aird,
Tel: (049) 437 1830
The data we receive
We may obtain personal data from you directly or from someone you have authorised to supply personal data on your behalf, such as your Broker. We only will obtain data that is necessary for the performance and arrangement of your contract, for our legitimate interests as an insurance intermediary and for compliance with any legal obligation. This data may consist of the following:
- Your name, date of birth and contact details (including home address, telephone number and e-mail address);
- Details of the risk to be covered by the policy (for example vehicle make and registration)
- All other personal information that is necessary to provide a quote and to maintain any policy;
- Details of all previous quotes requested from us even if a policy was not arranged;
- Details of lapsed policies held with us;
- Details of claims on policies held with us;
- Your payment details, your payment history, details of any credit agreements and any debt management processes.
When it is necessary for the performance of the contract we may require you to supply sensitive information related to your health, motoring offences, unspent criminal convictions and union membership.
If you are unable to provide the required information we may not be able to offer you insurance or continue with cover.
It is important that you take reasonable care when providing us with information and answer any questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge. Providing fraudulent or incorrect information could affect the price of your policy, result in your policy being cancelled and claims being rejected or not fully paid.
If you provide us information relating to other individuals (for example named drivers) you should ensure that those individuals are aware that we will use their details for the purposes outlined in this notice and direct them to this notice for full information.
In order to prevent and detect fraud we may (at any time) obtain information about you from other organisations and public bodies (including the police) and check and/or file your details with fraud prevention agencies and databases.
Any information shared with us from other bodies can be used in our decision making process.
How we will use your data
Your personal information may be used by us for the following lawful purposes:
- Processing that is necessary for the performance and arrangement of your contract of Insurance and with us including:
- to make a decision whether we choose to accept or decline the proposed risk;
- to calculate your premium and policy terms;
- to service your policy;
- to maintain our records;
- to confirm your identity and to prevent fraud;
- to investigate and resolve any complaints;
- to deal with any claims you should submit under your policy;
- to verify the information you provide;
- to undertake internal quality monitoring and external audits;
- Our legitimate interests as an underwriting agency:
- To determine our underwriting and pricing strategies
- To inform you of related insurance products, services and offers from us and the Prestige Insurance Holdings Group while you have existing products with us;
- To carry out market research, statistical analysis including customer profiling to enable us to enhance our service and to develop new products;
- To provide information to your Broker, Loss Adjustors, Underwriter, Finance Provider or other 3rd party with an interest in the policy for the purposes including but not limited to quality control, audit, complaint investigation, fraud prevention and claims handling;
- To seek feedback issue, issue surveys and contact you regarding the service we have provided to allow us to review and improve our customer care;
- To undertake training of our staff.
- Where required by law:
- To supply information to law enforcement agencies, our regulators, other statutory bodies, your Insurer and Finance Provider when we believe it is necessary for the detection and prevention of crime and as otherwise required by or permitted by law;
- To carry out sanction, anti-money laundering, and anti-fraud controls.
- With your consent:
- To inform you of related products and services supplied by carefully chosen 3rd
We will only hold your personal data for as long as we are required in law and by our regulators.
Transfer to 3rd parties and outside the UK/EU
In order to deliver our services to you, we may transfer data to the following 3rd parties:
- Insurers and Intermediaries for the purposes of arranging and underwriting cover, auditing and quality monitoring, complaint handling, investigating fraud.
- Insurers and Intermediaries to verify No Claims Bonus and claims history.
- Suppliers who provided necessary services required to handle any claim by or against you (For example Surveyors, Loss Adjustors, Engineers, Vehicle Repairers).
- To Insurers, Intermediaries, Claim Handling firms and Solicitors appointed to deal with a claim made by you or against you.
- IT and system providers to facilitate electronic data transfers, the provision of technical support and system development.
- Service providers who supply telephony, SMS, email or other messaging systems to contact about an existing policy or quotes as well as for the purpose of marketing under our legitimate interests as an Underwriting Agency.
- To the relevant Ombudsman’s Service as part of the complaint resolution process.
- To law enforcement agencies, our regulators and other statutory bodies when we believe it is necessary for the detection and prevention of crime and as otherwise required by or permitted by law.
- Credit Reference Agencies to verify your identity, prevent fraud or to determine the most appropriate payment option.
- Companies and agencies that carry-out sanction, anti-money laundering and anti-fraud controls*
- Finance Providers if you agree to pay by Direct Debit
- Debt Recovery firms, Solicitors and Civil Courts if required to recover unpaid funds still contractually due or funds obtained by fraud or deception.
In circumstances where we may need to process some of your information using third parties located in countries outside of the European Union, we will take all necessary steps to ensure it is adequately protected. This includes ensuring there is an agreement in place with the third parties which provides the same level of protection as required by the data protection regulations in the UK.
*We and other organisations may also search these agencies and databases to: help make decisions about the provision and administration of insurance, credit and related services (for you and members of your household), trace debtors or beneficiaries, recover debt, prevent fraud, manage your insurance policies, check your identity for the purposes of preventing money laundering (unless you furnish us with other satisfactory proof of identity) and undertake credit searches or additional fraud searches. On request, we can supply further details of the databases we access or contribute to.
If you consent to a credit search it will be a soft search which is only visible to you (if you request a copy of your credit file at the credit reference agencies) and is not visible to other organisations. This type of credit reference check will not affect your credit file. The search will be visible on your credit report but it won't affect your credit rating as it's not an application for credit. The CRAs may add the details of our searches and information that hold about you to their records relating to you.
We will not share or sell your details with any 3rd party for marketing purposes without your express permission.
We will collect personal data from our website, social media accounts and if you sign up to features including document portals. This will be used to manage any existing agreement you may have with us and under our legitimate interest to inform you of the products and services we offer. We will also use the data when necessary to answer a query you have made or if required to as part of a competition or activity that you have entered. Information supplied via social media may also be held or processed by the social media company in line with their own privacy policies.
We may contact you by post, telephone, email and SMS to inform you of related insurance products, services and offers from us and the Prestige Insurance Holdings Group while you have existing products with us.
Should you wish to withdraw from marketing or amend the methods we use to contact you please contact us on the details above.
When required we will also include an unsubscribe option on marketing SMS messages and emails that we will send that will stop any future contact. There may be a one off charge by your network provider for sending an unsubscribe SMS message to us.
Telephone calls to us and received from us will be recorded for training and quality purposes. Call recordings may also be supplied to the Insurer, intermediary or appropriate 3rd parties if required it to investigate a claim or complaint and for the detection and prevention of criminal activity or fraud.
Privacy & Cookies
You have the right to access or obtain copies of the personal information held about you by us. A response to your request will be provided to you within a month of us receiving a valid request. If you wish to obtain information held by the insurer you must contact them directly.
You have the right to restrict processing of inaccurate information and request that we correct any inaccuracies in the information held about you. You may also have the right to erasure of data in certain circumstances.
Where we hold or process data on the basis of your consent you have the right to withdraw that consent.
If you wish avail of these rights please contact us on the details above.
The Information Commissioner and Data Protection Commissioner
You can find more details and get advice about data protection from the appropriate independent national authority responsible for upholding information rights.
Information Commissioner Office (ICO)
Website - www.ico.org.uk.
Data Protection Commissioner
You can also contact these bodies if you have a complaint about the use of your personal data or believe we have not complied with our obligations.